Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thumbs up!


Thumbs up!
Originally uploaded by turbofan
Roofing and building is, indeed, fun. Or at least the end product is.

So this weekend my dad came down to help with this project. It was either going to be this or the tile around the fireplace.... since I haven't yet fired the tile.. this is what we did.

I had to work Saturday, but when I got home at 4 Ryan and Dad had already torn off the rotten cardboard (seriously) siding and picked up the materials.

By Sunday at 2 we were stapling up the tar paper on the roof and moving the firewood into the shelter.

Now I know, I know. You aren't supposed to put firewood next to your house or other structures because of Ants and Mice. I have to point out that 1) we go through wood so fast I don't think it will be an issue, 2) If the ants want to eat the cardboard off the rest of the garage they can be my guest... it would probably kill them anyway.

seriously though, we have sprayed for carpenter ants already and the dog loves to catch and fling mice. I don't think it will be a big deal.

I still have to put on the finish fascia, drip edge and shingles. I am going to go ahead and say that this new addition is probably more sturdy than the original garage. Yah for us!

No comments: