Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Maker!!!!!

Pardon the vacuous blog, I'm just happy to be distracted from the contractor issue:

I just found the most perfect TV show (gasp) of all time: http://www.makezine.tv/ : It's not on cable (I don't roll like that) it's on PBS Create. Stuccohouse wrote about the Create Channel a little while back (you are SOO right about Rick Steves!)

So, I think I may be watching the premier, but here's what has happened so far:
When I turned on the tube they were talking with an artist that uses a woodworking lathe to make a moving sculpture of a 3D matrix that makes a wave... all by hand. they moved on to:
how to make a lawn chair out of a shopping cart using everyday tools then talked about a musician who plugs his Goodwill finds into amplifiers and they are currently making a Trebuchet out of PVC. I can see all sorts of ways that these projects would come in useful for ANYONE working on a home. I guess it just depends on how much faith you put into your re-sale value.

That's all. It's worth a look.

1 comment:

StuccoHouse said...

lol...rick steves. He just bugs me with his little fanny pack & his mispronouced cities.

Have you seen the PBS show where there is a guy that creates moving sculpture? He works in a big old barn and puts together these pieces of metal so they move & shimmer in the wind. I stumbled on the show midway through and never caught the name, but it was oh so cool!

I'd love to know how to make a lawn chair out of a shopping car :-) Maybe I could go snag some of the carts that get stolen & abandoned from Lake Street Target & Cub.