Monday, January 19, 2009

Just a wee entry...

Well, it's a slow time on the house-front. This is mainly because everything I really want to do, (actually the only things I can currently AFFORD to do) like paint removal and scraping off popcorn ceiling, all involve opening windows. So, while I wait inside for the contractors to finally start again I got to baking.

My friends know I'm a binge baker. When the moon is in the right house I will fill the kitchen with bread, cookies, brioche... but today was a pastry day. I tried a variation on a family recipe. My new version involves making lemon curd and vanilla pastry cream. And that didn't seem like enough to work with (silly me) so I also made Grapefruit curd (very tasty) and Almond pastry cream.

Soooo, all together I used 15 cups of flour, 5 sticks of butter, 3 lemons, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit, 1/2 bottle of almond extract, 6 sticks of butter... etc. So, while I sit here and listen to my arteries plug up I figured I would post about why I haven't posted

anyone hungry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog on houseblogs and thought I'd introduce myself...

I live a few blocks from you and think your exterior remodel looks fantastic! We drive past your house often when we're headed downtown, so I'll have to continue to keep an eye out on your progress! Good luck!

I'm also wondering what program you used to draw the layouts of your house a few posts back? We're trying to design a kitchen remodel and have tried to use Google's free program, but haven't quite figured it out yet... just wondering if you had better luck with that program or others...

Domesticated said...

I'm hungry! You should post the best recipes.

Garden Monkey said...

I WILL post some of the recipes when I get around to it. I like that idea.